The Concept 2 Model E Rower is a slight adaptation of the Model D, featuring the same PM5 Performance Monitor (with a longer arm), ergonomically designed handles, adjustable foot-rests, and efficient flywheel design.
One of the key differences is the Model E's raised 20" seat height (6" above the Model D position), which can allow athletes with balance or mobility concerns to get on and off the machine with less effort.
The chain housing on the Model E Rower is also fully enclosed, helping keep the nickel-plated chain clean and out of harm's way.
To change how much air enters the flywheel housing on each stroke, you can adjust the machine's spiral damper to any setting from 1 to 10.
When done training, you can quickly break down the rower into two segments for storage or use the included caster wheels for easy transport.
While some might associate traditional rowing exercises with upper arm strength, the Concept 2 Rower actually produces one of the more comprehensive, full-body workouts of any fitness machine in the industry—developing efficient core power and leg strength without over-taxing the back.
- Monitor: PM5.
- Seat Height: 20 in (51cm).
- Monorail Length: 54 in (137cm)Users with an inseam of 38 inches (96.5cm) or more may require an extra-long monorail.
- Chain or Cord: Nickel-plated steel chain.
- Chain/Cord Housing: Partially enclosed.
- Power Generation for PM: Takes two D cell batteries. During your workout, the monitor draws power from the spinning flywheel to extend battery life.
- Maximum User Weight: 500 lb (227Kg) (35 Stone).
- Support Legs: Aluminum front legs, steel rear legs.
- Monitor Arm: ABS plastic. Pivots for storage and to adjust monitor height. Monitor angle can also be adjusted.
- Finish: Powder coat.
- Colour Scheme: Light Grey or Black.
- Storage: Can be separated into two parts for easy storage.
- Maximum User Weight: 135Kg
- Dimensions: L 244 x W 61
- Dimensions Folded: L 68.6 x W 119.4 x H 137.2cm
- Weight: 29 Kg